Programs of Study
The Department of Computer & Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (CEECS) offers programs in
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering and
- Information Technology and Management
Undergraduate Degree Programs
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
Undergraduate Honors Program
The College offers an Innovation Leadership Honors Program (ILHP) for outstanding engineering and computer science undergraduate students. Students will be invited to join the program after they have completed their Pre-Professional Engineering Program and have met the ILHP eligibility requirements.
Joint BS/MS Degree Program
To encourage undergraduate students to pursue a graduate education, the department offers the following accelerated degree programs. These programs permit students to complete both a bachelor's and a master's degree within five years.
- Combined BSCE to the MS Degree Program in Computer Engineering
- BS to MS Degree Program in Computer Science
- BSEE to MS Degree Program in Electrical Engineering and
- Combined Program Leading to an MS in Bioengineering that is offered to BS Candidates in any College of Engineering and Computer Science Major
- Additionally, students interested in combining the broad systems orientation provided in the Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) with focus in Computer Engineering, the department offers the five-year Master's in Computer Engineering (BSEE/MSCpE).
BS to PhD Direct-Path Program
The usual degree path for an engineer or computer science student at FAU is first a B.S. degree, then a master's degree and then a Ph.D. degree. All of this can take up to 10 years of study. The B.S. to Ph.D. Direct-Path program gives highly-qualified bachelor and master's students the opportunity to move rapidly into research activities with the simultaneous completion of the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees.
Master's Degree Programs
- Master of Science (M.S.) with Major in Artificial Intelligence
- Master of Science (M.S.) with Major in Bioengineering
- Master of Science (M.S.) with Major in Computer Engineering with or without Thesis
- Master of Science (M.S.) with Major in Computer Science with or without Thesis
- Master of Science (M.S.) with Major in Electrical Engineering with or without Thesis
Special Master's Degree Offerings
- Master of Science in Information Technology and Management (M.S.I.T.M.)
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Computer Engineering or Computer Science with Minor in Business
Doctoral Degree Programs
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) with Major in Computer Engineering
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) with Major in Computer Science
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) with Major in Electrical Engineering
Transfer StudentsGet College and University transfer student information.
The College offers a variety of graduate and undergraduate courses to help meet the needs of students who require more flexibility in their coursework. Each semester the College schedules over 50 courses using distance learning technologies. read more