Miami Dade College to FAU 4+1 Transfer Programs
About the Program
FAU and Miami Dade College (MDC) articulation agreement establishes "4 + 1" Bachelor to Master's Transfer Programs in which students graduating from eligible Bachelor of Science (BS) programs at MDC will, upon meeting specific requirements, become qualified for admission into eligible Master of Science (MS) programs at FAU College of Engineering and Computer Science (COECS). MDC graduates entering an MS program at FAU under the terms of this agreement will have the opportunity to complete the MS degree in one year if enrolled full time. MS programs at FAU require at least 30 graduate level credits.
Benefits of the Program
- Students will meet the course requirements and be eligible to apply to the master’s degree programs.
- GRE requirement is waived if the GPA condition is met.
- MDC students graduate with an advanced engineering degree from FAU with in-depth knowledge in an area of specialization.
4+1 Transfer Programs
The transfer programs eligible under the agreement are listed below. Please follow the links to learn about the steps and requirements for applying to each program.
- BS in Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology (ECET) at MDC to MS in Electrical Engineering (EE) at FAU/COECS (click here)
- BS in ECET at MDC to MS in Bioengineering (BioEng) at FAU/COECS (click here)
- BS in Information Systems Technology (IST) or BS in Data Analytics (DA) at MDC to MS in Information Technology and Management (ITM) at FAU/COECS (click here)
How Long Does the Program Take to Complete
Students need to complete at least 30 credits for both thesis and non-thesis options of the Master’s program. The students are able to finish the Master’s program within one year if they are enrolled as a full-time student.
FAU Program Coordinator